Google
 

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Organising Your Barbie Doll Collections

Some of my collections seated on mounted wall racks


Double-sided tape on triangular hook & pasted onto back of box

My dolls mounted on the wall without any rack


Ever gone into situation whereby your room is flooded with all your collections that you find no space to keep them?

If you are a beginner collector and have less than 50 dolls in your collection, you probably won’t see this problem, as no worry to just keep all your dolls in display cabinet. Then as your collection unwittingly increases in numbers, you will wish you could find more space to put them, best if they can just float high up in the air without occupying any of your moving space. This is one problem I used to encounter; especially 95% of my dolls are kept intact in their boxes (NRFB = Never Remove From Box), which really take up a lot of space.


Uncovered wall mounted racks are one of the solutions I use. First picture above show some of my dolls mounted on mount rack display in my bedroom.

Nevertheless, it can be quite costly and troublesome if you have to keep buying the racks and get contractor to come fix them up whenever your collection increases.

I used to crack my head to think of a more easy, convenient, quick and cost-saving way to hang my dolls up on the wall without asking for anybody’s help. Then after much trials & experiments, I finally found a solution for this, which I called it the DIY way.

You merely need a small “triangular hook” (which can be purchased from DIY shops), double-sided tape and scotch tape. See second picture above showing the back of my doll box being taped with the triangular hook.

First, protect & wrap up your doll box with transparent plastic sheet (in fact to ensure your dolls in mint condition, suggest you should always wrap them up despite where you display them, unless you want to remove her from box). Second, paste double-sided tape on the triangular hook. Third, paste the hook onto the back of the box. Next, paste scotch tape over (but exposing the triangular ring) to double secure the hook onto the box. Then, hammer a nail to the wall to be displayed. Lastly, hook the box onto the nail. And there you go, neat and nicely each doll can be happily displayed without any rack support (picture shown above).

No comments: